It’s crucial to be able to teach students at least a baseline of what happens to their body when faced with a potential interpersonal threat. This module of the course focuses on the physiological changes that take place in an interpersonal violent experience, with tactics to help a student deal with those automatic changes.
People are typically not aware of their surroundings, especially in this day and age where everyone is glued to their smartphone. In this module, we teach you how to ensure that the students you train are situationally aware, and understand exactly what that means, and how to deploy it as a skill.
The number one priority in any potential violent encounter against other human beings is to be able to leave the area safely without ever getting into a ‘fist fight’. In this module you are taught how to teach others to apply our COATS method of deescalation, and other strategies and tactics.
Focusing on high percentage, easily learned primal defense and offensive tactics, you will learn how to teach others how to keep themselves physically safe. The techniques you will learn are applicable to teaching someone with no previous background in using their body as a weapon, with the focus on being learned quickly enough to give a person a fighting chance.
COACH RODNEY KING M.A., PPC, RSME
Rodney is the creator of all the Crazy Monkey Defense Trainers Programs and Courses.
COACH ERIC KOLESAR MSc
Eric has been with the Crazy Monkey Trainers Team for over a decade. In addition he is the Vice President of the Crazy Monkey Defense Program and Regional Training Director of the Americas. Eric runs a full time, fully branded Crazy Monkey facility where he teaches all of our programs.
COACH JAMES WOODFIELD-JONES
James has been with the Crazy Monkey Trainers Team for over a decade. In addition he is the Vice President of the Monkey-Jits Program and Regional Training Director for Australia/SE Asia. James runs a full time, fully branded Crazy Monkey facility where he teaches all of our programs.
- +WHERE CAN I TEACH THE WEAPONIZE-YOUR-BODY COURSE?
- You can teach the WYB course to any civilian audience. However, you cannot teach this course to either military operators or law enforcement officers. If you are interested in the courses we have developed for these audiences please send Rodney a mail.
- +CAN I TEACH THE WEAPONIZE-YOUR-BODY COURSE INTEGRATED INTO OTHER DEFENSIVE TACTICS PROGRAMS?
- We don’t put restrictions on anyone wanted to introduce concepts from the WYB course into other defensive tactics and or martial arts programs. However, you cannot certify anyone in the WYB course unless you teach it exclusively in the package you were trained to deliver it in.
- +DO STUDENTS WHO DO THE WYB COURSE WITH ME GET A CERTIFICATE?
- Yes they do. However this isn’t the same certificate you received. Your certificate allows you the rights to teach, the students who do the course with you simply recognises their participation in the experience (in other words, this doesn’t allow them to teach the course).
- +ARE THEIR ANY CONTRACTS TO BE SIGNED?
- Yes, we ask that you sign a simple contract stating that should you no longer want to be part of the Weaponise-Your-Body Team, and or you fail to renew your license, that you are no longer allowed to use the WYB intellectual property, including terminology, logos etc. This also means that you trainer certificate will no longer be valid. Trainer licenses are sent out on renewal and are only valid for a 12-month period.
- +IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME A TRAIN-THE-TRAINER?
- Yes it is. But we have incredibly high standards. Before you could even be considered to certify other trainers in the Weaponise-Your-Body course you first have to be certified yourself, and have shown overwhelming commitment to the course through teaching it. You will also be required to then certify in the Train-the-Trainers course.