FIGHT PHYSIOLOGY/SITUATIONAL AWARENESS/VERBAL JIU-JITSU
Taken from our groundbreaking Weaponize-Your-Body program, this section of the course focuses on what happens to the human body in a fight, what is and how to improve situational awareness, and how to deescalate personal confrontation with Verbal Jiu-Jitsu. In Academies that do coach some aspects of Jiu-Jitsu for ‘self-defence’ these topics are almost never covered, yet are paramount when one considers the realities of interpersonal violence.
Imagine doing a technically perfect double leg takedown on asphalt? Like it or not, when you think about street defence, you will be required to modify many things taken for granted and taught in Jiu-Jitsu Academies. Takedowns are one of those key areas that need to be readapted. In this section of certification we will teach you which takedowns are high percentage for self-preservation.
PRIMAL JIU-JITSU TACTICS
In this module of certification, we will teach you which positions and submissions are best applied in self-preservation both standing up, and on the ground. In addition being on the ground isn’t always the best place to be when you need to survive interpersonal violence, we will show you how to teach others to get back to their feet safely.
WORST CASE SCENARIOS
A BJJ Black Belt with no self-preservation skills, can find themselves being knocked back to a white belt after the first punch is thrown. Crucial to applying Jiu-Jitsu in self-preservation is knowing how to survive a striking based opponent. Think escaping the mount for instance when someone is punching you in the face. In this module we cover key areas of concern for any Jiu-Jitsu practitioner who seeks to deploy their grappling skills in self-preservation and survive.
COACH RODNEY KING M.A., PPC, RSME
Rodney is the creator of all the Crazy Monkey Defense Trainers Programs and Courses. He is a 4th Degree Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt under Master Rigan Machado.
COACH ERIC KOLESAR MSc
Eric has been with the Crazy Monkey Trainers Team for over a decade. In addition he is the Vice President of the Crazy Monkey Defense Program and Regional Training Director of the Americas. Eric runs a full time, fully branded Crazy Monkey facility where he teaches all of our programs. He is also a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt.
- +WHERE CAN I TEACH THE STREET-JITS COURSE?
- You can teach the Street-Jits course to any civilian audience or any Academy, regardless of affiliation. However, you cannot teach this course to either military operators or law enforcement officers. If you are interested in the courses we have developed for these audiences please send Rodney a mail.
- +CAN I TEACH THE STREET-JITS COURSE INTEGRATED INTO OTHER DEFENSIVE TACTICS PROGRAMS?
- We don’t put restrictions on anyone wanted to introduce concepts from the Street-Jits course into other defensive tactics and or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/Grappling programs. However, you cannot certify anyone in the Street-Jits course unless you teach it exclusively in the package you were trained to deliver it in.
- +DO STUDENTS WHO DO THE STREET-JITS COURSE WITH ME GET A CERTIFICATE?
- Yes they do. However this isn’t the same certificate you received. Your certificate allows you the rights to teach the course. Certification for students who do the course with you simply recognises their participation in the experience (in other words, this doesn’t allow them to teach the course).
- +ARE THEIR ANY CONTRACTS TO BE SIGNED?
- Yes, we ask that you sign a simple contract stating that should you no longer want to be part of the Street-Jits Team, and or you fail to renew your license, that you are no longer allowed to use the Street-Jits intellectual property, including terminology, logos etc. This also means that you trainer certificate will no longer be valid. Trainer licenses are sent out on renewal and are only valid for a 12-month period.
- +IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME A TRAIN-THE-TRAINER?
- Yes it is. But we have incredibly high standards. Before you could even be considered to certify other trainers in the Street-Jits course you first have to be certified yourself, and have shown overwhelming commitment to the course through teaching it. You will also be required to then certify in the Train-the-Trainers course.
- +IF I AM FROM A DIFFERENT BJJ AFFILIATION CAN I STILL CERTIFY IN THE STREET-JITS COURSE?
- You can be from any other affiliation or BJJ lineage. You do not need to be part of the Monkey-Jits program to be able to teach the Street-Jits course. All Academies, and affiliations welcome.
- +CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE FREE COURSE THAT COMES WITH THE MJ TRAINERS PROGRAM?
- As a member of the MJ Trainers program you have the option to certify at not extra charge to your license fee, for the Street-Jits course. If you go to the Street-Jits course page, you will see outside of a certification fee, a trainer of this course is required to pay a yearly license fee. You will not be charged this license fee to teach this courses, in addition to Monkey-Jits.
However, to certify, you need to make it to one of the certification events held around the world. While you may have access to some of this material in the MJ Trainers program, and even teach concepts from these courses, you cannot say you are certified to teach this course individually until you have completed the certification course. If you attend a certification event you will be offered a significant reduced rate, and be asked to pay a once off certification fee payable before the course commences. At present to certify in this course for current MJ Trainers is US$500 (this is subject to change).