Thinking in sparring isn’t inherently bad, but what you focus on can be. Here you learn specific thinking drills that will enable the students you teach to harness the power and clarity of the present moment.
How you engage your body in sparring, not only changes your physiology, it also changes how you think and feel about yourself in the fight. Here you will be introduced to Attitude Embodied, and why it is essential for peak performance in sparring.
Mindfulness is a state of being where you are able to just be present without judging the outcome of your sparring experience. This is an embodied state of being fully present, that will allow your students to engage their sparring experience with clarity.
Breathing shouldn’t only be seen as something you do simply to stay alive, but rather, and equally important something you need in order to perform at your best in sparring. Here you will be taught how to coach your students to speak to their nervous system so that they can better manage those moments of intense stress in a sparring round.
COACH RODNEY KING M.A., PPC, RSME
Rodney is the creator of all the Crazy Monkey Defense Trainers Programs and Courses. He did his undergraduate work in psychology, and received his Masters degree in Leading
Innovation and Change from York St John Universities School of Business. He is currently
in his final months of his PhD at the University of Leicester’s School of Business, where his
research area is in the field of Mindful-Leadership.
- +WHERE CAN I TEACH THE SPARRING-MIND COURSE?
- You can teach the Sparring-Mind course to any civilian audience or any Academy, regardless of affiliation. However, you cannot teach this course to either military operators or law enforcement officers. If you are interested in the courses we have developed for these audiences please send Rodney a mail.
- +DO STUDENTS WHO DO THE SPARRING-MIND COURSE WITH ME GET A CERTIFICATE?
- Yes they do. However this isn’t the same certificate you received. Your certificate allows you the rights to teach the course. Certification for students who do the course with you simply recognises their participation in the experience (in other words, this doesn’t allow them to teach the course).
- +ARE THEIR ANY CONTRACTS TO BE SIGNED?
- Yes, we ask that you sign a simple contract stating that should you no longer want to be part of the Sparring-Mind Team, and or you fail to renew your license, that you are no longer allowed to use the Sparring-Mind intellectual property, including terminology, logos etc. This also means that you trainer certificate will no longer be valid. Trainer licenses are sent out on renewal and are only valid for a 12-month period.
- +IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME A TRAIN-THE-TRAINER?
- Yes it is. But we have incredibly high standards. Before you could even be considered to certify other trainers in the Sparring-Mind course you first have to be certified yourself, and have shown overwhelming commitment to the course through teaching it. You will also be required to then certify in the Train-the-Trainers course.