Competitive Jiu-Jitsu has grown exponentially in the past decade. It has been great for the art in gaining international exposure, and of course fantastic for those wanting to teach, as so many people are now more aware of the awesomeness of the Jiu-Jitsu experience. However one of the most important aspects of Jiu-Jitsu has been lost, that of ‘self-defence’. First and foremost, Jiu-Jitsu is a martial discipline, and as such should offer its practitioners the ability to apply the skills of Jiu-Jitsu in self-preservation. In Monkey-Jits we place a premium emphasis on this most overlooked aspect of Jiu-Jitsu, making sure that all our Trainers and students can apply their grappling skills where it matters most, in defending themselves and those they love.
Learning to live roll is crucial not only to a person’s skill development and personal growth, but equally self-preservation. It is in the roll that a person learns timing, precision, and how to relax when going up against an opponent far larger than themselves. But, sadly, there tends to be a lot of smashing going on in many Jiu-Jitsu academies. As such many people quit, feeling disheartened and defeated. In Monkey-Jits we have developed specific methods of coaching to prevent this from happening. We pride ourselves on creating flow environments where a 10-year old would be safe to come into an adult class and roll with everyone and not worry about getting injured.
Jiu-Jitsu changes lives for the better. This is accomplished by understanding how to present the Art in such a way that becoming more through the experience of the roll. In Monkey-Jits we don’t simply leave this to chance. We have incorporated cutting edge research into our coaching approach, from the fields of positive psychology and the science of mindfulness to ensure that both Trainers and students truly embody the Jiu-Jitsu lifestyle.
COACH RODNEY KING M.A., PPC, RSME
Rodney is the creator of all the Crazy Monkey Defense Trainers Programs and Courses. Professor Rodney King has over two decades experience in coaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He is a 4th degree black belt under Master Rigan Machado (8th degree Coral belt).
COACH ERIC KOLESAR MSc
Eric has been with the Crazy Monkey Trainers Team for over a decade. In addition he is the Vice President of the Crazy Monkey Defense Program and Regional Training Director of the Americas. Eric runs a full time, fully branded Crazy Monkey facility where he teaches all of our programs. He is also a BJJ brown belt.
COACH JAMES WOODFIELD-JONES
James has been with the Crazy Monkey Trainers Team for over a decade. In addition he is the Vice President of the Monkey-Jits Program and Regional Training Director for Australia/SE Asia. James runs a full time, fully branded Crazy Monkey facility where he teaches all of our programs. He is also a 1st degree BJJ black belt.
- +WHERE CAN I TEACH MONKEY-JITS (BJJ)?
- You can teach Monkey-Jits anywhere you like. However please note, MJ needs to be taught as a separate stand-alone program. We do not allow MJ Trainer to integrate the program into any other martial arts based program, unless that program is one of those under our umbrella. This doesn’t stop you teaching MJ in other Academies that may offer other martial art styles, but when teaching MJ it has to be taught as a stand alone class or session.
- +WHAT DO I GET FOR MY LICENSE FEE?
- The Trainers License fee you pay allows you to legally use our curriculum, logos, and the MJ name. In addition, you are assigned a mentor as your go to person for everything MJ. Finally, you are given a 50% discount on all local and international training events (some are even FREE for Trainers).
- +CAN I TRAIN WITH OTHER BJJ GROUPS?
- Absolutely. However, you can only accept stripes and belts from Professors in the MJ program.
- +ARE THEIR ANY CONTRACTS TO BE SIGNED?
- Yes, we ask that you sign a simple contract stating that should you no longer want to be part of the MJ Team, and or you fail to renew your license, that you are no longer allowed to use MJ’s intellectual property, including terminology, logos, name etc. This also means that you trainer certificate will no longer be valid. Trainer licenses are sent out on renewal and are only valid for a 12-month period.
- +IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME A TRAIN-THE-TRAINER?
- Yes it is. But we have incredibly high standards. Before you could even be considered to certify other trainers in MJ you will have to be a minimum of a brown belt yourself.